Rules of Golf
- Placing – One Club length on all fairways, not nearer the hole.
- Out of bounds:
- The road surface and over the road to the right of no 7,16,8 and 17;
- Right of number 1, 10, 2, 11, 3, 12, 4 and 13; and
- Créche and flowerbeds next to fence around the crèche.
- Water Hazard (Yellow stakes): 1, 10, 2, 11, 5, 14, 9 and 18
- Lateral Water Hazard (Red stakes): 1, 10, 3, 12, 4, 13, 8 and 17
- GUR – All bare ground on fairways. Relief without penalty, nearest point, not nearer the hole and straight backwards.
- Roads – Drop without penalty not nearer the hole
- Burrowing animals – Rough/Fairway drop without penalty from holes made by burrowing animals and termites, NOT HOOF MARKS. Burrowing animals include warthogs, moles and termites.
- Hoof marks on the green – Hoof marks and/or other damage caused by wild animals on the greens may be repaired, or the ball may be moved with the approval of the marker.
- Immovable obstructions – Braai area, clubhouse and paved area around the old and new club house, wooden pole fence around the golf clubhouse area, tee markers, benches, sprinkler heads, manholes, the paved ditch across no 3&12 fairway and the wire around Piet’s puddle (no 5) are considered immovable obstructions. Relief according to Rule 24-2, without penalty, of 1 club length not nearer the hole.
- Due to the quality of our drop zones, we allow for a drop and place local rule; note that you may NOT put the ball on a tee
The R&A Rules:
The Rules of the Game shall be those of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club at St Andrews and such rules as may, from time to time, be framed by the Committee. The Committee may create local rules from time to time and all such rules shall be deemed as approved and accepted.